Facebook stills happen to be on top in grabbing the interest of online users. It’s among the most preferred platforms for companies and Brands to publicize themselves. Facebook isn’t just an advertising channel for companies, but also a fruitful communication channel a company and its clients and followers.
A recent study titled “Marketing on Facebook – Style 2015” covered the timelines of numerous users & month-on-month variations in 2014, particulars on the social network’s choice to get rid of like-gating function, the benefits of integrating Facebook Login and a summary of custom viewers, lookalike audiences as well as retargeting. This is actually the guide to recognize the Facebook changes on behalf of Brands in 2014 and how to construct a path for success in this New Year.
Here is the comprehensive guide to comprehend the Facebook changes for companies and brands in 2014 along with how to build a path to success in 2015.
Facebook measures affinity by watching the communication of its users. The computation is based on the effectiveness of action, the intimacy of the connection towards the action user and period passed since the action was performed.
What this Means to Entrepreneurs and Marketers?
The Kind Of Content Matters
A post with video or photos receive 39 % more engagement as compared to average. Video and photo upgrades entice a sizable amount of users, which impacts Facebook’s edge-ranking and also the content achieve a broader audience base.
Further Engagement Matters
Unlike what other Marketers think, an easy Like on any Status or post does not affect Facebook’s algorithm broadly as well as post-reach stays limited to a little amount of users. Still, the amount of likes, comments and shares on the post signs a deeper engagement and user interest towards Facebook, therefore a post reaches the higher amount of users.
As Facebook has got the biggest amount of active online user base of nearly 1.35 million, almost 67 percent of online users in America and 40 percent of online users in India on Facebook today. Actually 66% of social sharing activities on iPhones happens on Facebook.
Timeline of Changes In 2014
Facebook went through a broad series of modifications in 2014 to fulfill the growing user needs and also to stay competitive on the market. From Jan 2014 to Dec 2014, this social media giant launched/transformed almost 12 main functionalities/features.
- In January 2014, Facebook launched advertisements to Mobile applications to broaden its marketing reach. This-not just backed Facebook to monetize its developing mobile traffic, but additionally produced a brand new method for App marketers who have been prepared to invest their advertising dollars just on mobile marketing systems.
- In Feb, Facebook enhanced its marketing algorithm and created new and simpler ways to achieve the targeted audience. It enhanced its strategic marketing and created the billing simpler for marketers.
- In March, Facebook updated its NewsFeed and created better FACEBOOK/Television Media planning.
- Well, April was the most amazing month since Facebook launched its New Business Manager. It supplied market network as well as took the very first step to wash up NewsFeed junk and like gating.
- In-May, Facebook enhanced audience observations. Additionally, it launched cafe menus and much stronger video metrics.
- Facebook updated its webpages designs and enhanced site manager with June. Additionally, it improved its custom viewers.
- In July, Facebook enhanced advertisements for worldwide access. It’d likewise started screening “Buy” buttons for latest offers.
- In August, Facebook created new event advertising tools and Advertisement targeting on the basis of the kind of connection.
- In September, Facebook expanded its Video auto play access and shown view count on the videos.
- Facebook restructured its PMD plan in Oct. Additionally, it increases its Audience Community and updated its strategy network.
- In Nov, user data integrated to improve advertisement importance. It launched New User Advertisement choices.
- Facebook purchased latest Call-To-Action abilities for Facebook websites.