Customer relations play a key role in the growth of a business organization. You have to analyze your customers and make strategies as per the interests and behavior of the customers.
For that, you have to map your customer journey. But, how you could do it? There are so many challenges that industries are facing. Want to know what the challenges are and what the solutions are!!
Just go through the article and you would get to know some new things that you did not know.
Customer Journey Mapping:
Customer Journey refers to what the customer is trying to achieve, and how the he wants to make it, and then looks at how the company suits for that. This is the notion of a journey map. This looks at the goals, objectives and emotions throughout the journey.
Considering all this, organisations can potentially resolve some of the problems and challenges they are facing with the rise of complexity with the modern customer journey. The customer journey mapping helps the businesses to improve the overall customer experience. Many business organizations and training institutions use the Single Customer View as an isolated tool for better results.
What are the benefits of the customer journey mapping?
- The journey mapping Delivers a smooth and streamlined experience that allows you to see the bigger picture.
- You can see the things from the customer’s point of view and can approach them in that way.
- You can Identify the things that customers are being confused by or having trouble with.
- You can recognize the gaps and opportunities within the current scenario.
- This mapping can bring teams together with a shared vision.
- You can get relevant, timely and precise information.
- Develop a consistent road-map and experience strategy.
- Helps you anticipate what needs to be considered so better business decisions are made.
What are the complications involved?
- To capture the current customer journey, we need to invest our time and money.
- It gives confusion that we may not know where to start in the complex journey.
- Businesses may lack the needed skill set to capture the required data.
- The data and the mapping need to be updated and validated to maintain proportion with constantly changing needs and behaviors of the users, technologies and developments.
- There may be pressures on the business to deliver customer initiatives that can be more readily measured in terms of impact on bottom line.
Single Customer View:
This is a part of the customer journey mapping. The SCV is nothing but knowing both the interests and intents of the customers. When you do it for each single customer, it will be called Single Customer View. yet, many business organisations are failed with this phenomenon due to some challenges. If you plan properly, you could easily make this.
What are the challenges and solutions?
#1 Poor Data Accuracy:
With no accurate data, companies cannot get to know what their customer base looks like, let alone each individual. There is some third-party data that might seem an attractive choice, but the data would lack the latency, precision and context that the first-party data can provide.
As per the surveys, 81% of the companies that create huge ROI said they regularly use first-party data, over third-party. Consumers are often in a specific state of mind while interacting with your brand. First-party data is the true first-hand record of all your customers’ actions.
For collecting the precise and quality data, marketers can use many technologies that would both collect and access first-party interests and behaviors and then use that data to communicate with customers.
#2 Too much Data:
There are some platforms for Business intelligence and advanced analytics. These have the ability to overcome analysis paralysis. Using such platforms, when directly connected to your SCV, marketers can view the downstream and long-term impact of the day-to-day marketing decisions. Campaign reporting is not the ideal measurement, rather it’s this style of reporting that allows data visualizations and reports to provide true intelligence and make sense of the massive volumes of data that brands collect.
#3 Not using the relevant technologies:
To work together, the Modern marketers and CIOs require modern technologies. Earlier, marketers used SQL for the database management. But now, technologies that leverage NOSQL databases do just that. Not having pre-defined columnar schema allows for much more flexibility. It suddenly becomes possible to ingest new data from new sources without fundamentally refactoring the data model or creating additional tables.
With all said above, businesses need to give more priority to create an engaging environment for all their users. For this, they need to follow the methodologies like Customer Journey Mapping in which single customer view is a vital part. So, for the better implementation, follow the tips mentioned in the article.